Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vissi d'Arte : Healing Power of Music

"M e l a n c h o l y"

 a distasteful, undesirable, unwelcome state of mind

But what if one morning, Melancholy just comes knocking on your door,

"Hey, let's go out and play!", said Melancholy, 
"You know, your favorite games...how about we play hide and seek? 
You hide yourself in your perfect sweet smiles or a straight face 
and I'll catch you from your heartbreaking past.

what do you say?"

Well, sometimes the invitation is too tempting to say no.
But what will you do if Melancholy pushes you to the ground and you get hurt?
who will you turn too?

Will you run to your mom and cry?
No.
You are a grown-up now.



My advice?
 Don't call an ambulance or search the house for first aid kit.
You don't need them for the wound that Melancholy causes.

Just grab the nearest musical instrument
and smash that unpleasant feeling with it!

Let's say you have a guitar,
STRUM IT HARD!

Or there're drumsticks on the table,
GRAB'EM UP AND HIT SOMETHING!
a jar, a can, glasses, whatever!

MAKE MUSIC AND BURST OUT SINGING!

Trust me, music heals :)


I've heard one saying 
"When I'm sad, I sing. Because then I realize my voice is worse than my problems."

Funny, humble, but wise.  

HAHAHAHAHA

Fill your hearts with music, my dear readers. 
It's good for your soul.

Love, Eva S.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
About the video
The cover version of Slow Club's "Christmas TV"
on Ukulele by Eva S. 
Shot with Nikon D3100 Digital camera with DX lens

No comments: