Monday, October 5, 2009

Vissi d'amore # 1 : I love Arts

Get to know me a little better: I'm an Arts student. We call the place where I go as "The faculty of Arts" but artistic methods are not something teachers here will teach students in class. I'm studying the arts of living, actually, those related to phylosophy, cultures, histories, ideas and languages. Through a painting, I don't study how to paint, instead, I learn how to read and understand it's meaning. Through a piece of art, I don't study only its literal meaning but also its figurative one.



"La Scuola di Atene" by Raffaello in Vatican


I prefer paintings (especially those Renaissance ones) more than any forms of art . But recently photography is taking its place in my list of favourite as i've become addicted to fashion photography websites :) I like to think about what the protagonists in a painting are thinking as i wrote in my previous entry. They are complex characters which, through their expression, you never know what kind of thoughts did the artist intended to put on their mind(unless you go an ask him. But we might need a time machine to do so, right?)


It's a challenging hobby, don't you think? That's why I love it!




In front of Galleria degli Uffizi, in Florence,
a street artist whom I approached, gave him a quarter ,and hugged him! hahaha



A facade of a building in Pisa.
see the size of it comparing to the man at the bottom O-o !


Photo Credit : Me!

No comments: