Monday, October 19, 2009

Vissi d'arte # 5 : Prom for Bangkok's style geeks

I've been out of town for the past weekend for a family gathering. Family time was great not to mention that I had missed all the Thursday, Saturday and Sunday shows of ELLE Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2009-2010! But I managed to go there anyway on Thursday before leaving. It was such a great night. The piazza of Central World was transformed into a playground for stylish people and also fashion observers and style geek like me! Everyone picked up their best clothes and accessories for the big night. Just like they were going to a prom! But to me, my fashion-wise management system was shut down for no reason! Hahaha, I woke up in the morning couldn't think of what to wear to the show so I ended up with my Kitsch's sleeveless coat and stokings...simple but still smart! hahaha


I got to see 2 shows; Disaya and 27 Friday, and I must say "THAI DESIGNER ROCKS !!!" Gee, I was impressed and stunned by the creativity of those talented designers. The king of that night, to me, was cleary 27Friday. The show was fresh, creative and inspiring. The use of thai traditional clothing patterns was amazing. The part that I like the most is that the designer matches the red brown belt from boyscout uniform with the looks on the runway so well! How creative! My camera was so lame that night. It didn't work well when shooting the night shots so I don't have the materials to show you. That's why I have to borrow some pics from ThaiCatWalk website to show some of my favourite looks.You can browse the rest of the galleries fromto see all the collections from others brands in the EFW.



The first two are from 27Friday. The craving for that maxi dress all most kills me! It's absolutely gorgeous. The last two are from Disaya. Great collection as well. I like the stars printing. It's inspiring and it reminds me of those glow-in-the-dark star-like stones sticked to the ceiling of my old bedroom. And the last one, as mustard yellow is my favourite colour of all time, it's hard for me not to fall in love with that top.



This one is my most favourite, I must say, The crown jewel of that night's shows. This is one from 27Friday's collection. I really love the pattern of that suit and shirt. It's 100% Thai identity. Also,you can see the boyscout belt that I mention above. Che fantastico!


All the photo credits go to ThaiCatWalk.com



This is me,hahaha, having fun with photo shooting with my friend before the show


Have fun!

Eva S.

No comments: